Today I would like to share with you a use case where I was called in as an advisor to give advice on the implementation of a performance management system at a customer. And yes, the client already knew I had CareerTracker so it was preaching for my own parish and yet according to the client the advice below is the nail on the head!!
The client faced some challenges, namely the lack of clear goals from the strategy, a lack of insight into the development potential of skills and an absence of a feedback culture within the organization. The customer struggled to tell ‘the story’ and involve employees.
Things did not go badly for the company because growth is achieved quarter on quarter.
Situation at the customer:
The client found it difficult to translate the company’s strategic plan into concrete and measurable goals and thus tell the story of the organization’s course. This created confusion and a lack of focus on the right priorities. Without clear goals, the performance and motivation of employees lagged behind and it became difficult to measure and adjust the progress of the company.
In addition, the customer lacked insight into the development potential in the field of skills of employees. Without a structured framework to identify, develop and value skills, the client could not take full advantage of the potential of their workforce. This resulted in a stagnation of individual growth and a lack of innovation within the organization and too many unwanted departures.
Finally, due to the lack of clarity and the opportunities to develop, there was a lack of communication. There was a lack of regular and constructive feedback sessions between managers and employees. This created a lack of awareness of strengths, areas of development and opportunities for growth. This also created a danger for the organization due to too little motivation, teamwork was not optimal and the previously indicated unwanted departure of talent.
Advice and substantiation:
To address these challenges and help the organization grow, I recommended the implementation of CareerTracker with the following elements: goals, skills, and feedback.
- Goals: To set the clear goals, I advised the client to use the OKR (Objectives and Key Results) method. With this method, strategic goals can be translated into measurable objectives. The use of OKRs provides focus, clarity and challenge, and stimulates employee involvement in achieving organizational goals.
- Skills: To gain insight into the skills development potential of employees, I recommended the use of ESCO (European Skills, Competence and Occupations). ESCO provides a standardized framework integrated into CareerTracker for identifying, developing and valuing skills. By using this system, the customer can link the right skills to specific functions and tasks, and thus promote the growth and development of employees.
- Feedback: To foster a culture of feedback, I suggested introducing a structured feedback process. This process includes weekly self-reflection, monthly feedback from the manager, and quarterly face-to-face meetings. These regular feedback moments allow employees to become aware of their strengths and areas of development, and allow them to work more effectively with their manager to improve their performance and skills.
The advice is based on the following substantiation:
- Workshops to translate strategy into organizational goals
- Workshop for employees to explain the new Way of Working
- Workshops to determine goals together with the teams
- Setting clear goals helps employees focus on what’s important, improves performance, and increases engagement with the organization.
- Insight into the development potential in the field of skills of employees enables the organization to make optimal use of their talents and ensures growth and innovation.
- A culture of feedback promotes continuous improvement, strengthens communication and creates a positive working environment in which employees can develop.
By implementing CareerTracker with a focus on goals, skills and feedback, the client can successfully address the challenges of lack of clear goals, insight into skills development and a culture of feedback. This will lead to greater engagement, performance and growth within the organization and unwanted departures will be minimized.
I look forward to supporting the client in the implementation of CareerTracker and working together on the focus and growth of the organization.
Through our blog we regularly publish new articles about innovations and developments that have an impact on the professional and organization: check out our blog page.
In this blog we will discuss the new employee of Generation Z, this is a generation that seeks balance in work and private life and that wants to contribute to a purpose.
As a result, the labor market is changing because long-term employment contracts are becoming less and less common as we have described in this article.
With the CareerTracker platform you are able to secure the right focus and skillset within the teams. By reflecting and securing feedback, the professional feels valued and involved, so that unwanted departure of talent can be prevented. This ensures that the daily operation can be secured in the organization.
If you have any questions after reading this blog, you can reach us 0338876104 or via email@example.com.
You can watch our informative company video via this link.
Customer review of Didacticum
We experience the cooperation with CareerTracker as very pleasant.
It is a new way of working for us, so good communication is important here.
You help both the field managers and the consultants with examples, tips & tricks and to safeguard our new HR cycle.
The feedback we provide is immediately picked up, followed up and you also keep us continuously informed of the progress.
At Didacticum, everyone is at the wheel of their own career and partly due to the use of CareerTracker, our colleagues are able to do this optimally.
Zeljko Bondzulic, Field Manager Didacticum